The assistance we provide our families can cover many costs that are NOT medical in nature. This can include rental/mortgage and utility assistance and support during the holidays when stress runs high. Our application process begins once you have contacted your social worker.
THREE STEPS to assist families in their time of financial need:
- Contact your hospital social worker / medical care provider. We cannot provide assistance until you have contacted your social worker.
- If your social worker / medical care provider does not have the Zac’s Legacy application forms, have the hospital social worker / medical care provider call Zac’s Legacy at 970-330-9000 to get the proper forms.
- Complete the application and return it to the social worker/ medical care provider.
Ask your social worker to contact Zac’s Legacy as soon as you have submitted your application.
At this time, the Zac’s Legacy can only help resident families in the state of Colorado . The dependent child must be in treatment for cancer.
Assistance will be met as funds are made available.
1. The dependent child must be currently receiving treatment for cancer.
2. The dependent child must be a resident of the State of Colorado.
3. Parent or parents taking an active role in the child’s health care.
4. Assistance can only be provided when funds are available.
5. Grants are made for mortgage/rent payments, utility payments, travel and lodging expenses. We cannot help with medical bills.
6. Assistance is for a three (3) month period on and 3 months off. At the end of the three-month off period, the case will be re-evaluated for additional funding or as determined by the Board of Directors.